Volume : 7, Issue : 10, OCT 2021
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RESEARCH INTENTION TOWARDS RESEARCH COMMERCIALIZATION
SAMSUDIN WAHAB*, IHSAN BIN AZHAR, MOHD FAISAL BIN ABU BAKAR, JOHAN NADZRI BIN CHE’ RUS
The goal of this study is to determine the most significant relationship between research intention towards research commercialization. The conceptual framework was created in order to measure data, the survey was performed as the instrument technique for data collecting in this study.
The questionnaire was personally handed to respondents in this study, with a concentration on academics who were eager to participate. It is also hoped that this research will be valuable to future researchers who wish to investigate the same topic.
RESEARCH COMMERCIALIZATION, RESEARCH INTENTION.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 19
- Ali, Leman, Sunar, & Ahmad. (2017). Issues Related to Low Commercialisation Rates of theUniversity’s Research and Development (R&D) Products: Industrial Perspective.Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience.
- Argyres, N., & Liebskind, J. (1998). Privatizing the intellectual commons: Universities and the commercialization of biotechnology research. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 35, 427–454.
- Benneworth, P., Pinheiro, R. and Karlsen, J. (2017), “Strategic Agency And Institutional Change: Investigating The Role Of Universities In Regional Innovation Systems (RISs)”, Regional Studies, Vol. 51 No. 2, pp. 235-248.
- Chandran, V. G. R., C. Y. Wong. 2010. Patenting Activities by Developing Countries: The Case of Malaysia. World Patent Information. doi: 10. 1016/j.wpi.2010.01.001.
- Collier, A. & Gray, B. (2010). The commercialisation of university innovations–A qualitative analysis of the New Zealand situation https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228743936 as on 23 April 2020.
- D'Este, P., Perkmann, M. (2011). Why do Academics Engage with Industry? The Entrepreneurial University and Individual Motivations? Journal of Technology Transfer, 36(3), 316-339.
- Eldred, E. W., M. E. McGrath. 1997. Commercializing New Technology. Research Technology Management. March-April. 22–33.
- Giones, F. (2019). “University-Industry Collaborations : An Industry Perspective”, Management Decision, Vol 57 No 12, pp. 3258-3279.
- Grandi, A., & Grimaldi, R., (2005). Academics’ organizational characteristics and the generation of successful business ideas. Journal of Business Venturing 20, 821–845.
- Meyer, M. (2006). Academic Inventiveness and Entrepreneurship: On the Importance of Start-up Companies in Commercializing Academic Patents. The Journal of Technology Transfer, 31, 501--510.
- Mohd Sadullah, A. F. 2005. Facing the Challenges: Universities and Technologies Development in Malaysia. Symbiosis, Malaysia.
- Hock Heng, L. &. (2012). Knowledge Determinant in University Commercialization : A Case Study of Malaysia Public University. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Hong, W., & Walsh, J. P., (2009). For money or glory? Commercialization, competition, and secrecy in the entrepreneurial university. Sociological Quarterly 50(1), 145-171.
- Lam, A. (2011). What motivates academic scientists to engage in research commercialization:‘Gold’,‘ribbon’or ‘puzzle’?. Research Policy, 40(10), 1354-1368.
- Oseiboakye, E. (2015). Research on the Impact of Teamwork on Employee Performance. University of Ghana
- Phil Yihsing Yang & Yuan-Chieh Chang (2009, July). Academic research commercialization and knowledge production and diffusion: the moderating effects of entrepreneurial commitment. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11192-009-0075-1
- Rasyid. (2015). Perceived Leadership Styles, Entrepreneuiral Orientation And Commercialization of University Research. http://eprints.utm.my/id/eprint/78092/
- Sanyal, S. & Hisam, M.W. (2018) The Impact of Teamwork on Work Performance of Employees: A Study of Faculty Members in Dhofar University. Journal of Business and Management, Volume 20, Issue 3. Ver. I, pp 15-22
- Tayebeh Khademi, Kamariah Bte Ismail, Chew Tin Lee & Arezou Shafaghat (2015, May). Enhancing Commercialization Level of Academic Research Outputs in Research University. Technology Journal. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277286848_Enhancing_Commercialization_Level_of_Academic_Research_Outputs_in_Research_University
- Thursby, J. G., Jensen, R., Thursby, M. C. (2001). Objectives, characteristics and outcomes of university licensing: A survey of major U.S. universities. Journal of Technology Transfer, 26(1-2), 59-72.
- Wright, M., Birley, S., & Mosey, S. (2004). Entrepreneurship and university technology transfer. The Journal of Technology Transfer, 29(3-4), 235-246.