Volume : 3, Issue : 12, DEC 2017
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AND PERSONALITY
RANJIT KAUR MALHOTRA, PROF DR.DALJEET KAUR
The whole education system is focusing its attention on measures to improve Academic Achievement of learners and techniques of emulating Personality Traits of students to shape their Personality. The present study explains the association between personality and academic achievement on the basis of previous studies done by various researchers. It showed that personality is correlated with academic achievement and personality scores also indicated academic achievement which we find in scores.
Personality And Academic Achievement.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 9
Number of Downloads : 576
1. Gardner W. The relation of certain personality variables of level of aspiration. The J. of psychology :
Interdisciplinary and applied, 1940; 9 :191-206.
2. Goel SP. Effect of gender, home and environment on educational aspirations. Journal of Community
Guidance and Research, 2004; 21: 77- 81.
3. Gupta M. A Study of Relationship between locus of control, Anxiety, Level of Aspiration, Academic
Achievement of Secondary Students. M.B.Buch, ed. 199) Fourth Survey of Research in Education 1983-1988.
4. Chamorro-Premuzic T, Furnham A. Neuroticism and special treatment in university examinations. Social Behavior and Personality. 2002;30: 807–813.
5. Chamorro-Premuzic, T., & Furnham, A. (2003a). Personality predicts academic performance: evidence
from twolongitudinal studies on British University students. Journal of Research in Personality, 37,
6. Chamorro-Premuzic, T., & Furnham, A. (2003b). Personality traits and academic exam performance.
European Journalof Personality, 17, 237–250.s