Volume : 2, Issue : 7, JUL 2016
PREVALENCE OF ALCOHOL USE AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS IN MALAPURAM DISTRICT KERALA
This paper examines the prevalence of alcohol use among college students in Malapuram district. Michigan Alcohol Screening Test (MAST) the tool is constructed by Michigan. It is designed for use to assess alcohol consumption about individual. A participant in this study was 100 college students' only male students across Malapuram district. Simple random sample techniques adapted. The results revealed that prevalence is 31% of college students are using alcohol out of 100 students and the rest 69 % are not using alcohol. In addition, there is no significant relationship found between area of living and alcohol use among students.
alcohol screening test, alcohol use, prevalence, college.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 23
Number of Downloads : 353
1.. Boekeloo BO, Novik MG, Bush E. Drinking to get drunk among incoming freshmen
college students. American Journal of Health Education. 2011; 42(2):88–95.
2. Champion KE, Newton NC, A systematic review of school-based alcohol and other
drug prevention programs facilitated by computers or the Internet. Drug Alcohol Rev
3. Miller, W.R., et al. (1995). Handbook of Alcoholism Treatment Approaches. Effective
Alternatives. 2d ed. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn and Bacon, Pp. 12–44.
4. Monti, P.M. Abrams, D.B., Kadden, R.M., and Cooney, N.L.(1989). Treating Alcohol
Dependence: A Coping Skills Training Guide. New York: Guilford Press.
5. Northcote J, Livingston M. Accuracy of self-reported drinking: Observational verification
of 'last occasion' drink estimates of young adults. Alcohol and Alcoholism.
6. Rohsenow, D.J., et al. (1993). Cue exposure with coping skills treatment for male alcoholics:
A preliminary investigation. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology.
7. Wechsler, H., Lee, J.E., Gledhill-Hoyt, J. and Nelson, T.F. Alcohol use and problems at