Volume : 7, Issue : 8, AUG 2021
MENTORSHIP - A QUALITY INDICATOR IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
MS. BEULAH JASMINE RAO, DR. ASHOK KUMAR DHANWAL
One of the earliest concepts of mentoring was documented in Greek history when Athena the goddess of wisdom disguised herself as a mentor, a trusted family friend, and assumed responsibility of Odysseus; household for the ten years he was away during his Odyssey, during the time Odysseus was away mentor tutored Telemachus his son to become a successful ruler (Allen, 2006; Holmes, Hodgson, Simari, & Nishmura, 2010).
To address these concerns, the National Policy on Education (NPE, 1986) and the Programme of Action (PoA, 1992) spelt out strategic plans for the policies, advocated the establishment of an independent National accreditation agency. Consequently, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) were established in 1994 as an autonomous institution of the University Grants Commission (UGC) with its Head Quarter in Bangalore. The mandate of NAAC as reflected in its vision statement is in making quality assurance an integral part of the functioning of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
NATIONAL ASSESSMENT AND ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (NAAC) , UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION (UGC) HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS (HEIS), PROGRAMME OF ACTION (POA), SELF - STUDY REPORT (SSR)
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 3
Number of Downloads : 304
- Goodyear, C. and Goodyear, M., 2020. Supporting Successful Mentoring.
- Jeffers, S. and Mariani, B., 2017. The Effect of a Formal Mentoring Program on Career Satisfaction and Intent to Stay in the Faculty Role for Novice Nurse Faculty. Nursing Education Perspectives, 38(1), pp.18-22.
- Kane, I. and Campbell, A., 1993. Mentor and mentor training in the North West Articled Teacher Scheme. Mentoring, 1(1), pp.16-22.
- Kilcullen, N., 2007. Said Another Way. Nursing Forum, 42(2), pp.95-104.
- Knowles, S., 2020. Initiation of a Mentoring Program: Mentoring Invisible Nurse Faculty. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 15(3), pp.190-194.