Volume : 2, Issue : 4, APR 2016
INTERNET OF THINGS: HOME AUTOMATION AND SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
Asst. Prof. Vikrant A. Agaskar, Ameya Mithagari, Aditya Mhatre, Ninal Shetty
the technological advancements in the field of Automation has aided our everyday life with comfort and ease. The exponential increase in the number of internet users over the past decade has made the Internet an integral part of life, IoT being the latest emerging technology. Internet of Things can be regarded as a network of everyday objects, from industrial machine to consumer goods that can share information and complete tasks while a person is busy in other activities. Home Automation and Surveillance System using IoT uses computer, mobile devices and dedicated android applications to control basic home functions and features using internet. An automated home is also called a Smart Home. It is meant to save electric power and human energy. By means of an internet connection, home automation system allows the user to operate it from anywhere around the world, this makes it different from the other existing systems. In this paper we present a Home Automation and Surveillance System using Arduino board that employs the integration of Server Centralized Database, wireless communication that provides remote control over various domestic appliances and storage of the data in the server. Use of different sensors contributes in improvement of security. This system is designed to be cost efficientand is also expandable since it allows a large variety of devices to be controlled.
Internet of Things (IoT), Arduino Mega 2560 Microcontroller, Wi-Fi network
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 16
Number of Downloads : 591
1. R.A.Ramlee, M.H.Leong, R.S.S.Singh, M.M.Ismail, M.A.Othman, H.A.Sulaiman,
M.H.Misran and M.A.Meor Said, "Bluetooth Remote Home Automation System
Using Android Application," The International Journal of Engineering And Science
(IJES), vol. 2, pp. 149-153, 2013.
2. Deepali Javale, Mohd. Mohsin, Shreerang Nandanwar “Home Automation and Security
System Using Android ADK” in International Journal of Electronics Communication
and Computer Technology (IJECCT) Volume 3 Issue 2 (March 2013).
3. Mahesh N. Jivani, "GSM Based Home Automation System Using App-Inventor for
Android Mobile Phone," International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical,
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 9, September 2014.
4. Shiu Kumar, "Ubiquitous Smart Home System Using Android Application," International
Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC) Vol.6, No.1, January
5. B. Park, "Mobile IP-Based Architecture for Smart Homes," International Journal of
Smart Home, vol. 6, pp. 29-36, 2012.
6. T. Perumal, M. N. Sulaiman, K. Y. Sharif, A. R. Ramli, and C. Y. Leong, "Development
of an Embedded Smart Home Management Scheme," International Journal of Smart
Home, vol. 7, pp. 15-26, 2013.
7. M.B.Salunke , Darshan Sonar, Nilesh Dengle , Sachin Kangude, and D. Gawade,
"Home Automation Using Cloud Computing and Mobile Devices," IOSR Journal of
Engineering, vol. 3, pp. 35-37, 2013.
8. N. Dickey, D. Banks, and S. Sukittanon, "Home automation using Cloud Network and
mobile devices," in Southeastcon.
9. Vinay sagar K N1,Kusuma, " Home Automation Using Internet of Things," International
Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET),Vol.2, No.3, July
10. C. Doukas, Building Internet of Things with the Arduino vol. 1, 2012. 27. (2012, 17th
December). Get the Android SDK. Available: http://developer.android.com/sdk/