Volume : 7, Issue : 6, JUN 2021
IMPORTANT ROLE OF PRANAYAMA TO OVERCOME STRESS AND DEPRESSION
ANURAG KUMAR GIRI, PROF.SANTOSH KUMAR
In yoga, Pranayama is shown as an important part of life. In today's modern life, stress has become a part of a common routine, but due to excessive stress, a person goes into depression and the same depression takes down the life of the person very much and proves to be a hindrance in leading a successful life. If we look at the second chapter of Pranayama, then we will come to know that Pranayama proves to be effective in increasing our life cycle more. In Pranayama, we mainly follow its three parts, which are Purak, Rechan and kumbhaka. A normal human does 16 breath exchanges in 1 minute but through pranayama we can reduce it further if we count 10 counts in purika and stop it with the help of kumbhaka and do laxative process with 10 counts. We will find that we breathe only 5 times in 1 minute, 11 times we stopped our breathing process and this process can prove to be effective in increasing our life cycle and it can also prove to be helpful in reducing stress and depression. May be Jai Paper has been written only on what important role of Pranayama can prove to be in reducing stress and depression.
YOGA, STRESS, DEPRESSION, PRANAYAMA, PURAK, RECHAK , KUMBHAK.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 105
- Foiershtain, G. (2001). Encyclopedia of Yoga. Sofia: LIK.
- Balkrisna A. Syllabus for Yoga. Concept of Yoga Education in India. Haridwar: Divya
- Prakashan; (2010).
- Dune D. The Manual of yoga. W. Fauloshan and co. Ltd., Londan, 1956, 144.
- Bersma, D. & Visscher, M. (2003).
- Path of Deliberate Rigour (Hathayoga)’, published by Sanatan Sanstha.
- Santanche Atmacharitra. Second edition, September 1989. Author: K.V. Belsare. Publisher: Tridal Publishers, NearPrarthanaSamaj, Mumbai400004.Pg. 211 . Pg. 210
- Vol. 10, Pg. 245 First Edition, Bharatiya Sanskrutikosh. Publisher: Pandit Mahadevshastri Joshi, Secretary, Bharatiya Sanskrutikosh Mandal, 410 Shanivarpeth, Pune 411 030.
- Atmadnyanacha Onama Shri Sadguru Paramhansa Vedebaba Maharaj. First edition, Tuesday 13, February 1991, Pg.129. Publisher: Mr. Uday Bhaskar Kasrekar, Tilak Road, Bid.
- Manahasvasthyache Prabhavi Sadhan Pranayam. Second edition, 1987. Author: Sadashiv P. Nimbalkar. Publisher: Mukund Bedekar, Yogvidya Niketan, Shri Samarth Vyayam Mandir, Kale Guruji Marg, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar (West), Mumbai 400 028. Pg.4 . Pg.5. Pg. 87.
- Arogyasathi Yoga. Pg.138. Author: Sadashiv P. Nimbalkar. Publisher: Mukund Bedekar, Yogavidya Niketan, Shri Samarth Vyayam Mandir, Kale Guruji Marg, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar (West), Mumbai 400 028.
- Shastra Ase Sangte. First edition, fifth reprint – October 1994, Pg. 21. Vedvani Publications, Kolhapur – 416 010.
- Sadhubodh: Shri Gulabrao Maharaj Virachit Prashnottaratmak Sukti Ratnavali Ashtamayashti, Pg. 24. Publisher: Shri Dnyaneshvar Madhuradvait Sampradayik Mandal, Dahisath, Amravati.