Volume : 8, Issue : 10, OCT 2022
FLIPPED CLASSROOM-BASED ACTIVITIES FOR BASIC NUMERACY SKILLS ACHIEVEMENT
MARICAR BRIZ VENCE, MAED, MA. LUZ V. DEGORO, MAED, REY C. ENRIQUEZ, MAED, SIXTO B. VENCE, ATTY. JURIS RENIER C. MENDOZA, SWEDEN V. CANALES
As is well known the COVID-19 outbreak had catastrophic consequences on our country's economy and the death toll, upsetting schools and campuses across the nation at the same time. It caused the world incalculable disruption. It is clear that one of the most affected industries was education when we reflect on the past two years and the severe pandemic effects that persist to this day. When the globe quickly shifted to using online and modular platforms, neither society nor educational institutions were ready to accept it. Thus, learners and educational community faces a problem on how to attain a maximum learning in Mathematical Concepts while adhering the needs of the pandemic. With the integration of the current trends in education, Flipped Classroom, learners will have a support in learning Mathematics despite the restriction of face to face classes. This research assessed the level of effectiveness using Flipped Classroom-Based Approach in Mathematics in relation to the academic performance of Grade 4 to 6 learners as basis for Enhanced Numeracy Learning Activities. Based on the findings, enhanced numeracy learning activities are therefore recommended to improve the learners’ performance in Mathematics.
FLIPPED CLASSROOM-BASED ACTIVITIES, BASIC NUMERACY SKILLS ACHIEVEMENT, ENHANCED NUMERACY LEARNING ACTIVITIES.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 2
Number of Downloads : 68
- Allen, Mike 2017. Correlation, Pearson. The Sage Encyclopedia of Communicaion Research Methods. Retrieved from DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483381411.n99
- Bonnie Terry, Bonnie 2019. What is Number Sense? The Key to Improve Math Skills. Bonnie Terry Learning, March 20th, 2019. Retrieved from: https://bonnieterrylearning.com/blog/number-sense/
- Depardieu, Michelle 2021. What is Geometry. Math and Science. UPchieve, Inc. 2021. All rights reserved. EIN is 82-4456163. Retrieved from: https://upchieve.org/blog/2019/7/22/what-is-geometry
- Hayes, Adam 2020. T-Test. Fundamental Analysis. Tools For Fundamental Analysis Reviewed by Peter Westfall. Updated March 22, 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/t-test.asp
- McCombes, Shona 2019. Descriptive research. Published on May 15, 2019. Revised on September 3, 2020. Retrieved from: https://www.scribbr.com/methodology/descriptive-research/
- N. Ramakrishnan, and Mrs. J. Johnsi Priya, 2016. ―Effectiveness Of Flipped Classroom In Mathematics Teaching‖ International Journal of Research. – Granthaalayah, Vol. 4, No. 10: SE (2016): 57-62. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321170289_Effectiveness_Of_Flipped_Classroom_In_Mathematics_Teaching
- Raising Children.net.au. Early numeracy skills: how to develop them. © 2006- 2021 Raising Children Network (Australia) Limited. All rights reserved. Retrieved from: https://raisingchildren.net.au/babies/playlearning/learning-ideas/early-numeracy.
- Reid, K. (2016). Counting on it : Early numeracy development and the preschool child. Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER). Copyright Australian Council for Educational Research 2016,Melbourne Vic, Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) ISBN 9781742864044
- Wriston, Jasmine M. 2015. The Importance of a Strong Mathematical Foundation University of Akron Main Campus, email@example.com Retrieved from: https://ideaexchange.uakron.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1182&contex t=honors_research_projects)
- Education.com (n.d.) Search 4th Grade Educational Resources. Retrieved from: https://www.education.com/resources/fourthgrade/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAr5iQBhCsARIsAPcwRONdHBJWq4SWIBPQSbG PjsX6XjHGGjK0Am8z1ucnlRyvcHoTCM