Volume : 2, Issue : 7, JUL 2016
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF APPENDICEAL MUCINOUS NEOPLASM AFTER THE HYSTERECTOMY AND ADNEXECTOMY PERFORMED PRIOR
Indira Mehmedagic, Amra Mestric
Mucionous appendiceal neoplasms are rare entity with different prognostic value. Surgery offers the optimal treatment for mucionus neoplasms in patient with no metastatic disease. We present the case of patient with mucinous appendicel neoplasm that had prior been undergone to hysterectomy and adnexectomy. Considering the intraoperative finding and no signs of perforation or metastatic disease appendiceal resection with the resection margin high on appendiceal basis was performed. No further oncological treatment was necessary.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 11
Number of Downloads : 390
1. Kehasias I, Zygomalas A, Markopoulos G, et all.: Diagnosis and Treatment of
Mucinous Appendiceal Neoplasm Presented as Acute Appendicitis. Case Rep Oncol.
2016;2016:2161952. doi: 10.1155/2016/2161952. Epub 2016 Mar 14.
2. Barrios P, Losa F, Gonzales-Moreno S, et all.: Recommendation in the management of
epithelial appendiceal neoplasms and peritoneal dissemination from mucinous tumors.
Clin Transl Oncol. 2016, 18(5):437-48
3. Asare EA, Compton CC, Hanna NN, Kosinski LA et all.: The impact of stage, grade,
and mucinous hystology of the eficacy of systemic chemotherapy in adenocarcinomas
of the appendix; Analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. Cancer 2016, 122(2):213-
4. Strickland S, Parra-Herran C.: Immunohistochemical characterization of appendiceal
mucinous neoplasms and the value of SATB2 in their distinction from primary ovarian
mucinous tumors. Hystopathology, 2016, 68(7):977-87
5. McVeigh G, Shah V, Longacre TA et all.: Endometrial involvement in pseudomyxoma
peritonei, secondary to low-grade appendiceal mucinous neoplasm:report of 2 cases.
Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2015, 34(3):232-8
6. Sudirman A,Sukuman N, Davaray B.: Appendicular metastasis from carcinoma cervix.
7. Wu RL, Ali S, Sarkar FH, Beydoun R: Identification of Differentilly Expressed
miRNAs in Appendiceal Mucinous Cystadenocarcinoma from Mucinous
Cystadenoma. J Cancer Sch Ther, 2015, 7(11)328-335
8. Davidson JM, Choudry HA, Pingpank JF, et all.: Clinicopathologic and molecular
analysis of disseminated appendiceal mucinous neoplasms: identification of factors
predicting survival and proposed criteria for a three-tiered assessment of tumor grade.
Mod Pathol, 2014, 27(11)1521-39.