Volume : 2, Issue : 7, JUL 2016
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY : ISSUES AND CHALLENGES
Dr. Araskumar. M.R
This study is designed to address the current status of Corporate Social Responsibility and its usage. A very few corporate houses are dedicated and practicing the CSR as they are dictated by the very basis of their existence. It is observed that many companies are promoting their CSR activities and uses it as tool for Marketing. CSR amongst the general public to make CSR initiatives more effective. This awareness generation can be taken up by various stakeholders including the media to highlight the good work done by corporate houses in this area. This will bring about effective changes in the approach and attitude of the public towards CSR initiatives undertaken by corporate houses. This effort will also motivate other corporate houses to join the league and play an effective role in addressing issues such as access to education,health care and livelihood opportunities for large number of people in India through their innovative CSR practices. Thus, the social justice agenda of the day would be fulfilled more meaningfully. This paper has elaborated the conceptual framework towards CSR and its issues and challenges, the study also highlighted some of the Notable efforts made by the corporate with varied reasons.
Corporate Social Responsibility, Companies, Corporate houses, Stakeholders, Opportunities, Education, Efforts, Public, Social Justice.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 28
Number of Downloads : 373
1. CSR in India: Some Theory and practice in Wall Street Journal dated Thursday, April
2. ACCSR's State of CSR in Australia Annual Review 2010/11.
3. Jones, K., & Bartlett, J.L. (2009). The strategic value of corporate social responsibility :
a relationship management framework for the public relations practice. Prism, 6(1).
4. Lindgreen, A., & Swaen, V. 2010.Corporate social responsibility. International Journal
of Management Reviews, 12(1), 1-7.
5. Gautam, R. & Singh, A. (2010). Corporate social responsibility practices in India: a
study of top 500 companies. Global Business and management Research: An International
Journal, 2(1), 41-56.
6. Ghose, S. (2012). A Look into Corporate Social Responsibility in Indian and emerging
economies. International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 1(1), 22-29.
7. Uvais, M. & Hafeefa, C. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility: Dimensions and
Challenges in India. International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, PP.27-32.
8. Kashyap, H. (2014). CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS EDUCATION
IN INDIA. Research Directions, Volume 1, Issue 12, June 2014.
9. Sarkar, J., & Sarkar, S. (2015). Corporate social responsibility in India-