Volume : 8, Issue : 11, NOV 2022
COMPARISON OF ANXIETY AMONG PLAYERS OF COMBATIVE SPORTS AND NON COMBATIVE SPORTS
MOHINI KRI, RAJAT SUKLADAS, ABHISHEK BALO
The purpose of the study was to compare the anxiety among players of combative sports and non combative sports. For this study a total of 60 subjects were selected, 30 subjects were selected from combat sports and 15 from non-combat sports. Anxiety is the independent variables of the study. Anxiety has two types they were state anxiety and trait anxiety. The data was collected through the administration of STAI questionnaire developed by Charles Spielberger, R.L. Gorsuch, and R.E. Lushene (1983). By using a "t" test with a significance threshold of 0.05, the mean difference of these values was evaluated for significance. The result of this study revealed that there was no significant difference in anxiety among players of combative sports and non combative sports.
STATE ANXIETY, TRAIT ANXIETY, COMBATIVE SPORTS AND NON COMBATIVE SPORTS, BADMINTON.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 130
- Jones, Graham. ‘More than Just a Game: Research Developements and Issues in Competitive Anxiety in Sports.’ British Journal of Psychology, 1995, pp. 449–78, doi:10.1111/j.2044-8295.1995.tb02565.x.
- Kumar, Vivek, et al. ‘Comparative Study of Sports Motivation among Contact and Non-Contact Sports Persons’. ~ 128 ~ International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health, vol. 4, no. 4, 2017, pp. 128–31, www.kheljournal.com.
- Rahaman, Abdul. ‘comparison of competition anxiety between national and state women kabaddi players of manipur’. National Association of Physical Education & Sports Science (NAPESS), 2015, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/339290270_comparison_of_competition_anxiety_between_national_and_state_women_kabaddi_players_of_manipur.
- Singh, Rajender, and Rajesh Kumar. ‘An Effect of Mental Toughness on Different Level of Participation in Soccer Players’. Shield: Research Journal of Physical Education & Sports Science, no. 6, 2011, pp. 1–5, http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=s3h&AN=82755704&lang=zh-tw&site=ehost-live.
- Soltani, Hossein, et al. ‘Comparison of Competitive State Anxiety among Elite and Non- Elite Badminton Players in Iran’. Advances in Environmental Biology, vol. 6, no. 10, 2012, pp. 2698–703.
- Dathan, F. C. (2013). An analysis of mental skills among national level badminton players [University of Kerala]. http://hdl.handle.net/10603/147689
- Gayatri, P., Saon, S., & Gireesh, P. (2016). Comparative Study of Mental Toughness Between National and Interuniversity Level Female Hockey Players. International Journal of Sports Sciences & Fitness, 6(1), 57–69. https://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.30334.31045
- Gill, D. (2000). Psychological dynamics of sport and Exercise: Champaign. Human Kinetics.
- Gucciardi, D. F., Gordon, S., & Dimmock, J. A. (2008). Towards an understanding of mental toughness in Australian football. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 20(3), 261–281. https://doi.org/10.1080/10413200801998556