Volume : 7, Issue : 9, SEP 2021
COMPARATIVE STUDY BETWEEN FACE – TO – FACE AND MODULAR DELIVERY IN THE PHILIPPINES
MA. SHEENA G. GONZAGA*, MELANIE C. DAKAY, JENNELYN T. ALINSONORIN, TERESITA A. OMAMBAC, EMILY C. ROSAL
The ponder points the Comparative Study Between Face– to – Face and modular delivery. Wherein, Philippines instructive framework as of now adjusting the most recent modalities actualized by the Division of Instruction. Wherein, there's a sudden change happen for the conventional instructing or the Face– to – Face classes are not allowed in all levels and all school may select what modalities appropriate that fitted to their areas and the status of their understudies and most of the school found in precipitous region may adjust the distance learning approach which may be a mode of learning that takes put between the educator and the learners who are “geographically farther from each other amid instruction” (Magsambol, 2020).
Quinones (2020), as qtd. by Pe Dangle & Sumaoang (2020), defines distance learning as a learning delivery modality fits for “geographically remote” teaching-learning process and that is the Modular Print Modality. To address and lessen these gaps, the researchers conduct a comparative analysis between the face – to – face modality and modular – print modality to investigate the performance of the students on these modalities, and to have an intervention based on the outcome of the study. The researchers found out that the outcome of the students’ performance in modular print modality is lower in the subjects namely, English, Math, Science, TLE and MAPEH compared to face – to – face modality for these are the test subjects. Z – Test results also revealed its significant difference. Hence, the use of Face – to – Face modality is effective on the said subjects.
LEARNING MODALITIES, FACE – TO – FACE, MODULAR PRINT, TEACHING – LEARNING PROCESS, ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, PANDEMIC.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 5
Number of Downloads : 252
- Alvarez, A. Jr. (2020). The phenomenon of learning at a distance through emergency remote teaching amidst the pandemic crisis. Asian Journal of Distance Education, 15(1), 144-153. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3881529
- Ambayon, E. (2020). Modular-based approach and student’s achievement in literature. International Journal of Education and Literary Studies, 8(3). https://doi.org/10.7575/aiac.ijels.v.8n.3p.32
- Angara, S. M. (2020, June 18). The challenge of education in the new normal. Business Mirror. https://businessmirror.com.ph/2020/06/19/the-challenge-of-education-in-the-new-normal/
- Bagood, J. B. (2020). Teaching-learning modality under the new normal. Philippine Information Agency. https://pia.gov.ph/features/articles/1055584
- Bernardo, J. (2020). Modular Learning most preferred parents: DepEd. ABS-CBN News. https://news.abs cbn.com/news/07/30/20/modular-learning-most-preferred-by-parentsdeped
- Bozkurt, A. & Sharma, R. C. (2020). Emergency remote teaching in a time of global crisis due to Corona Virus pandemic. Asian Journal of Distance Education, 15(1). https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo. 3778083
- Bonz Magsambol (2020) DepEd: 40% of public school teachers trained for distance learning https://www.rappler.com/nation/senators-question-philippines-distance-learning-readiness-june-2020
- Brown. (2020, July 31). Advantages and disadvantages of distance learning. https://www.e- ztalks.com/elearning/advantagesand-disadvantages-of-distance-learning.html
- Cheng, M B Bakar (2017) The Impact of Using Modules in the Teaching and Learning of English in Malaysian Polytechnics: An Analysis of the Views and Perceptions of English Language Teaching.
- De Gelder, B., & Vroomen, J. (1992). Abstract versus modality-specific memory representations. Memory and Cognition, 20, 533-538.
- De Villa, Jennilou A. and Manalo, Franz Kevin B., Secondary Teachers' Preparation, Challenges, and Coping Mechanism in the Pre-Implementation of Distance Learning in the New Normal. IOER International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Volume 2, Issue 3, September 2020, pp. 144 - 154, Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=37176 08
- FlipScience. (2020, October 5). 'Tagapagdaloy’: How Filipino parents can help ensure successful modular distance learning. FlipScience-Top Philippine Science News and Features for the Inquisitive Filipino. https://www.flipscience.ph/ news/features-news/tagapagdaloymodular-distance-learning/
- Jabatan Pengajian A Ciriako, C. (2020) The impossible is possible: Covid shut down schools, but learning goes on Proceedings of SOCIOINT 2021 8th International Conference on Education and Education of Social Sciences 14-15 June 2021
- Llego, M. A. (2020). DepEd Learning Delivery Modalities for School year 2020-2021. http: www.teacherph.com/deped-.
- Laghigna, A. (2020, April 4). Distance learning: challenges and opportunities. https://www.schooleducationgateway.eu/en/pub /latest/news/distance-learning-challenges.htm
- Lie. (2020, June 20). The new normal in education. https://www.thejakartapost.com/academia/2020 /06/20/the-new-normal-in-education.html
- Malipot, M. H. (2020, August 4). Teachers air problems on modular learning system. Manila Bulletin. Retrieved from https://mb.com.ph/2020/08/04/teachers-air-problems-on-modular-learning-system/
- Malaya, B. (2020). Modular Distance Learning: Here’s what you need to know. Retrieved from https://www.whatalife.ph/modular-distance-learningheres-what-you-need-to-know/
- Mean-Chin (2020) Students’ New Normal: Modular Distance Learning https://www.uniquephilippines.com/students-new-normal-modular-distance-learning/
- Musingafi, M., Mapuranga, B., Chiwanza, K., & Zebron, S. (2015). Challenges for open and distance learning (ODL) students:. Journal of Education and Practice 6(8), 59-66.
- Navarosa, D.B. (2020). Education in the New Normal: A Closer Look at the Philippines’ Learning Solutions Amidst the Pandemic
- Quinones, M. T. (2020, July 3). DepEd clarifies blended, distance learning modalities for SY 2020- 2021. Philippine Information Agency. https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1046619
- Rashid, N., & Muhammad, R. (2012). Issues and problems in distance education. Turkish Online Journal of Distance Education, 20-26.
- Sadeghi, M. (2019). A Shift from classroom to distance learning: Advantages and limitations. International Journal of Research English Education, 4 (1). https://doi:10.29252/ijree.4.1.80.
- Tria, J. Z. (2020, June 3). The COVID-19 Pandemic through the Lens of Education in the Philippines: The New Normal. ResearchGate. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/341981898_The_COVID19_Pandemic_through_the_Lens_of_Education_in_the_Philippines_The_New_Normal