Volume : 8, Issue : 7, JUL 2022
BIOCONVERSION OF ECO-WASTE TO PECTINASE ENZYME BY FUNGAL ISOLATES
PRIYA V, NITHISH P, ASWIN G
This study investigated production of pectinase enzyme and its application in sewage water treatment. Fungal isolates namely A. oryzae, A. niger, A. fumigatus, A. flavus were screened for pectinase production by using liquid state fermentation. Of the 4 selected species A. oryzae showed high and effective pectinase production. The substrate used for producing A. oryzae was kiwi fruit waste. High pectinase production was observed at czapek-dox agar medium, pH 7.0 with fermentation period 3 days. The carbon source used for pectinase production in A. oryzae was lemon peel and nitrogen equivalent used for pectinase production in A. oryzae was sodium nitrate. The aim of this study is utilization of agro-wastes for cost effective production and to provide ecofriendly method for pectinase production in large scale.
PECTINASE, AGRO WASTES, LIQUID STATE FERMENTATION, KIWI FRUIT WASTE.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 85
- De Gregorio. A.E., Mandalari.G., Arena. G., Nucita. F., Tripodo. M.M., R.B. Lo Curto, 2002. SCP and crude pectinase production by slurry-state fermentation of lemon pulps, Bioresource Technology. 83, 89–94.
- Taminur islam Chowdhury, Fahad Jubayer, Burhan Uddin, Gulzarul Aziz,2017. Production and Characterization of Pectinase from Rhizopus oryzae. Slovak Journal of Food Sciences. 11, 641-651.
- Kapoor, M., Beg, O.K., Bhushan, B., Dadhuch, K.S. & Hoondal, G.S.,2000. Production and partial purification uncharacteristic characterization of a Thermo alkali stable polygalacturonase from bacillus species .MG-cp-2. Process Biochemistry 36, 467-473.
- T. Thangaratham & G. Manimegalai,2014. Optimization and Production of Pectinase Using Agro Waste by Solid-State and Submerged Fermentation, International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied sciences. 3(9), 357-365.
- Ahmed. S.A and Mostafa. F.A, 2013. Utilization of orange baggase and molokhia stalk for production of pectinase enzyme, Brazilian journal of Chemical Engineering.30(3), 449-456.
- Ceren kuvvet, Sibel Uzuner, Deniz cekmeceiloglu, 2017. Improvement of Pectinase production by Co-culture of Bacillus spp. using Apple pomace as Carbon source, Springer nature. 10,1241-1249.
- Natalia Martin, Simone Regina de Souza, Roberto da Silva, Eleni Gomes, 2004. Pectinase Production by Fungal Strains in Solid-State Fermentation Using Agro-Industrial Bioproduct, ISSN 1516-8913 Printed in Brazil. 47(5), 813-819.
- Kenneth, B. Raper., and Dorothy I. Fennell. (1965). The Genus of Aspergillus
- Domsch, K.H., and Gams, W. (1980). Compendium of Soil Fungi. Vol.1.
- Hankin, L., Zucker, M. and Sands D.C.1971. Improved solid medium for the detection and enumeration of pectolytic bacteria. Applied Microbiology 22: 205-209
- Yarkanni JA, Palanisway M, Murugesan S, Swaminathan K 2002. Improvement of tea leaves fermentation with aspergillus spp. Pectinase. Journal of bioscience and engineering 94(4): 299-303
- Anuradha. K, Naga Padma. P, Venkateshwara. S, Gopal reddy, 2010. Fungal isolates from natural pectic substrates for polygalacturonase and multienzyme production, Indian Microbial Journal.50, 339-344.
- Adebare Johnson Adeleke, Sunday Ayodele odunfa, Afolake olanbiwonninu, Mojisola christiana and Owoseni.2012. Production of Cellulase and pectinase from orange peels by fungi, Nature and Science, 10(5)
- Dange, V.U and S. Harke, 2018. Production and purification of Pectinase by fungal strain in solid-state fermentation using agro-industrial bioproduct, International Journal of Life Sciences Research. 6(4), (85-93).
- Roheena abdulla, Amna jafer, Kinza nisar, Afshan Kaleem, Mehwish iqtedar, Tehreema Iftikhar, Faiza Saleem, Shagufta naz, 2018. Process optimization for pectinase production by locally isolated fungal strain using submerged fermentation, Bioscience Juberlandia. 34(4), 1025-1032.
- Maísa Davanso, Abra Eli Atsakou, Edwil. A. L., Gattás, Ariela Veloso de Paula, 2019. Assessment of pectinase-producing fungi isolated from soil and the use of orange waste as a substrate for pectinase production, Rev Ciênc Farm Básica Apl. 40, 635.
- George Ametefe. D., Victoria Dzogbefia P., Charles Appreyand Samuel Kwatia, 2017. Optimal conditions for pectinase production by Saccharomyces cerevisiae (ATCC 52712) in solid state fermentation and its efficacy in orange juice extraction, IOSR Journal of Biotechnology and Biochemistry (IOSR-JBB) ISSN: 2455-264X, 3(6), 78-86.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosebrough, N.J., Farr, A.L. and Randal, R.J. 1951. Protein measurement with the Folin Phenol reagent. J. Biol.Chem.,193: 267-275.
- Denis Silva, Kivia Tokuioshi, Eduardo da Silvis Martins, Roberto Da Silva, Eleni Gomes, 2005. Production of Pectinase by Solid -state Fermentation with Penicillium viridicatum RFC3. Process Biochemistry. 40, 2885-2889.
- Shamsan. A., Almowallad, Moneera, O, Aljobair, Amal N. Alkuraieef , Amani H. Aljahani, Amnah M. Alsuhaibani, Muneer M. Alsayadi, 2021. Utilization of agro-industrial orange peel and sugar beet pulp wastes for fungal endo- polygalacturonase production, Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences.
- Ishtiaq Ahmed, Muhammad Anjum Zia, Muhammad Azhar Hussain, Zain Akram, Muhammad Tahir Naveed ,Azin Nowrouzi, 2015. Bioprocessing of citrus waste peel for induced pectinase production by Aspergillus niger; its purification and characterization, Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences. 9, (148-154).
- Nitinkumar P. Patil & Bhushan L. Chaudhari, 2010. Production and purification of pectinase by soil isolate penicillium sp and search for better agro-residue for its SSF, Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2(7), 36-42.
- Uroosa Ejaz, Asia Ahmed, Muhammad Sohail 2018. Statistical optimization of immobilization of yeast cells on corncob for pectinase production, Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology. 14, 450-456.