Volume : 7, Issue : 7, JUL 2021
BEHAVIOUR OFSTEEL FIBRE REINFORCED CONCRETE: AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY
DR.R. SUBASH CHANDRA BOSE
The main objective of this investigation was to study the behavior of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete (SFRC). Hooked end fibers and corrugated fibers with aspect ratio of 55 were used to reinforce concrete. Specimens were cast without fibers and with fibers of dosage 0.5% and 1%. Tests were conducted for studying the compressive, tensile, flexural strength and energy absorption. Compressive test on cubes were conducted on cubes of size 150 mm x 150 mm x 150 mm. Fifteen beams of length 700 mm and cross-section 150 mm x150mm were cast, cured for 298days by immersion in water and tested under two point loading to find flexural strength, toughness and stiffness. An empirical equation for finding the toughness index was developed based on fibre percentage. Thirty panels were cast with dimension 500 mm x500 mm x50mm and 500 mm x 500 mm x100mm. Split tensile tests were conducted on 150 mm cylinders to evaluate the tensile strength of concrete. Static point load test was conducted on each panel to calculate the energy absorption, ductility index and secant stiffness was found.
STEEL FIBRE REINFORCED CONCRETE, STATIC LOAD, PANELS, BEAMS, TOUGHNESS, ENERGY ABSORPTION.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 111
- ASTM C78-97 (1997) “Standard Specification for flexural strength of concrete” (Using simple beam with third point loading) American society for testing and materials
- ASTM A820-97 (1997) “Standard Specification for steel fibres for reinforced concrete”
- Bayasi, Z. Bhatacharya, R. and Posey, M. (1989) "Fibre Reinforced Concrete: Basics and Advancements," Proceedings, Symposium on Advancements in Concrete Materials, Bradley University, pp. 1-1 to 1-27.
- Craig, R., S. Mahadev, C.C. Patel, M. Viteri, and C. Kertesz. "Behaviour of Joints Using Reinforced Fibrous Concrete." Fibre Reinforced Concrete International Symposium, SP-81, American Concrete Institute, Detroit, 1984 pp. 125-167.
- Craig, R. McConnell, J. Germann, N. Dib, and Kashani, F. (1984) "Behaviour of Reinforced Fibrous Concrete Columns." Fibre Reinforced Concrete International Symposium, SP-81, American Concrete Institute, Detroit, pp. 69-105.
- Gopalakrishnan, S. Krishnamoorthy, T.S. Bharatkumar,B.H. and Balasubramanian, K.(December 2003) “Performance Eva luation of Steel Fibre Reinforced Shotcrete” National seminar on advances in concrete technology and concrete structures for the future, Annamalai University.
- I.S 456-2000 “Indian code of practice for plain and reinforced concrete (Fourth Revision)”.
- Johnston, C. (1994) "Fibre Reinforced Concrete." Significance of Tests and Properties of Concrete and Concrete-Making Material, ASTM STP 169C, pp. 547-561.