Volume : 5, Issue : 1, JAN 2019
USE OF LIBRARY RESOURCES, SERVICES, FACILITIES AND USER SATISFACTION IN BKIT LIBRARY, BHALKI: A STUDY
The objective of present study is to examine the use of library facilities, resources and services of the students in BKIT Library, Bhalki. 300 questionnaires were distributed among students to collect relevant data. The findings of the study shows that 177(59.0%) of respondents have the habit to visit to the library daily, majority 260(86.7%) of respondents are highly satisfied with the collection of general books, majority 210(70.0%) are highly satisfied with collection of text books 160 (53.3%) respondents considered circulation services as excellent. The study suggested that college library should carry out user studies at regular intervals, in order to identify user’s information needs and their information gathering behaviors.
BKIT, BHALKI, LIBRARY RESOURCES, LIBRARY SERVICES, LIBRARY COLLECTION.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 11
Number of Downloads : 172
- Agyen-Gyasi, K. (2008). The Need for Subject Librarians in Ghanaian Academic Libraries. Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship, 9(3).
- Bawden, D., Calvert, A., Robinson, L., Urquhart, C., Bray, C., & Amosford, J. (2009.). Understanding our value; assessing the nature of the impact of library services Library and Information Research 33(105), 62-89.
- Gurikar, R., & Gurikar, R. (2015). Use of Library Resources and Services by Karnataka University Research Scholars: A Case Study. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35(5), 361-367
- Gwang, J. M. (2011). The Provision of Information Services to Nigerians: Meeting the Challenges of 21st Century. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal).
- Ijiekhuamhen, O. P., Aghojare, B., & Ferdinand, O. A. (2015). Assess Users’ Satisfaction on Academic Library Performance: A Study International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection 3(5), 67-77.
- Jacintha, E., & Uzoigwe, C. U. ( 2013)The place of academic libraries in Nigerian University Education: contributing to the ‘Education for All’ initiative. . International Journal of Library and Information Science, 5(10), 432-438.
- Kassim, N. A. (2009). Evaluating users’ satisfaction on academic library performance. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 14(2), 101-115.
- Kumar, S. C. M., & Rajan, V. R. (2015). User Satisfaction on Library Services in Anna University with Special Reference to Engineering Colleges in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu: A Study International Journal of Library and Information Studies, 5(2), 86-91
- Mohindra, R., & Kumar., A. (2015). User Satisfaction Regarding Quality of Library Services of A.C. Joshi Library, Panjab University, Chandigarh DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 35(1), 55-60.
- Oakleaf, M. (2010). Value of Academic Libraries: A Comprehensive Research Review and Report Retrieved 15-01 2016, from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/issues/value/ val_summary.pdf