Volume : 7, Issue : 10, OCT 2021
TO STUDY THE EFFECT OF NAGS AND CONVENTIONAL TREATMENT ON PAIN AT AVAILABLE END RANGE IN CERVICAL SPINE
NEHA, SHEFALI KAPOOR, VIMAL TYAGI
Objective: This study aimed to investigate the effect of Mulligan Technique (NAGS) and conventional treatment on Pain at Available End Range in Cervical Spine.
Methods: A experimental study was done with 30 patients divided in the two groups. Patient in group A & group B were assessed and informed consent were taken. Patients in group A were given NAGS and conventional treatment & group B were given conventional treatment. Treatment was given for 7 days / week for 2 weeks. Data was collected by means of VAS, Goniometer. Four reading were taken at specific intervals i.e 0,1,7,14th day. Statistical Analysis was done and the results rejected Null Hypothesis & proved that there was statistical significance in improving Range Of Motion and Reducing VAS in Group A (Mulligan NAGs with Conventional therapy than Group B (only Conventional therapy).
Conclusion: The Study proved that Mulligan NAGs technique was effective than Conventional therapy in end range neck pain.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 2
Number of Downloads : 109
- Michel Guez ,ChristerHildingsson , Marie Nilsson and GöranToolanen et.al. : The prevalence of neck pain A population-based study from northern Sweden 2002; 73 (4): 455–459
- Kumar D: Efficacy of Mulligan Concept (NAGs) on Pain at Available End Range in Cervical Spine: A Randomised Controlled Trial ; Jan-March,2011,Vol.5.
- Nikolai Bogduk, MD, PhD The anatomy and pathophysiology of neck pain Phys Med RehabilClin N Am 14 (2003) 458
- Thomas Tai Wing Chiu, PhD1 Ellis Yuk Hung Law, MSc2 Tony Hiu Fai Chiu, MSc2 Performance of the Craniocervical Flexion Test in Subjects With and Without Chronic Neck Pain J Orthop Sports PhysTher . Volume 35 , September 2005
- Cote P, van der Velde G, Cassidy JD, Carroll LJ, Hogg-Johnson S, Holm LW, Carragee EJ, Haldeman S, Nordin M, Hurwitz EL, Guzman J, Peloso PM. The burden and determinants of neck pain in workers: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000–2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders. Spine 2008;33(4 Suppl):S60–74.
- J Bone Joint Sur,Neck Pain, Cervical Radiculopathy, and Cervical MyelopathyPathophysiology, Natural History, and Clinical Evaluation84:1872-1881, 2002
- Roni Evans, DC, MS ,* GertBronfort, DC, PhD,* Brian Nelson, MD,† and Charles H. Goldsmith, PhD Two-Year Follow-up of a Randomized Clinical Trial of Spinal Manipulation and Two Types of Exercise for Patients with Chronic Neck Pain Volume 27, , pp 2383–2389 ©2002,
- Pierre Coˆte´, DC, PhD, Vicki Kristman, PhD, MarjanVidmar, MD, MSc,§ Dwayne Van Eerd, MSc,†§ Sheilah Hogg-Johnson, PhD,†§ Dorcas Beaton, PhD,†§ and Peter M. Smith, PhD§ The Prevalence and Incidence of Work Absenteeism Involving Neck Pain A Cohort of Ontario Lost-Time Claimants Eur Spine J (2008) 17 (Suppl 1): S192-S198
- A. R. Gross*,w, T. Kayz,}, M. Hondrasz, C. Goldsmithw, T. Hainesw,8, P. Peloso**, C. Kennedyz,}, J.Hoving Manual therapy for mechanical neck disorders: a systematic review Manual Therapy (2002) 7(3), 131–149
- L. ExelbyPinehill Hospital, North Herts, UK The Mulligan concept: Its application in the management of spinal conditions Manual Therapy (2002) 7(2), 64–70
- Jack Miller B.Sc.(PT), Dip. Manip. Ther. (NZ), FCAMT, MCTA Accredited Mulligan Concept Teacher: The Mulligan Concept; The Next Step in the Evolution of Manual Therapy:May/June 1999).
- Sowmya M.V, [Ortho] Isometric Neck Exercises versus Dynamic Neck Exercises in Chronic Neck Pain : Volume 3, Issue 2 Ver. I (Mar-Apr. 2014), PP 32-43
- JariyinenMD,EsapekkatakalaMD,DMedsc,HannKautianenBA,Active neck muscle traninig in the treatment of chronic neck pain:May 21,2003 vol.289 no.19.
- KatsuyuKiMorishita, RPT, MS, hiroshiKarasuno, RPT, PhD, yuKayoKoi, RPT, MS1, , Kazunori MorozuMi, RPT, PhD), hisayoshiogihara, RPT, MS, toshiKazuito, RPT, PhD), MasaaKihanaoKa, DE), taKayuKi Fujiwara, RPT, MD, PhD, DE, tetsuyaFujiMoto, DE), Koji abe, DE) Effects of Therapeutic Ultrasound on Range of Motion and Stretch Pain:J. Phys. Ther. Sci. Vol. 26, No. 5, 2014
- Yvonne Severinsson, Lena Elisson, and OlleBunketorp:Reliability of Measuring the Cervical Sagittal Translation Mobility with a SimpleMethod in a Clinical Setting Volume 2012,
- Thomas RudolfssonSensorimotor control and cervical range of motion in women with chronic neck pain:2014
- Rajesh Gautam, JagdeepKaurDhamija, AmitPuri, COMPARISON OF MAITLAND AND MULLIGAN MOBILIZATION IN IMPROVING NECK PAIN, ROM AND DISABILITY:Int J Physiother Res 2014, Vol 2(3):482-87
- Mannual Therapy; et.al: Brian R. Mulligan; Fifth edition, pg no.-10.
- Agnes Paul-Dauphin, Francis Guillemin, Jean-Marc Virion, and Serge Briancon Bias and Precision in Visual Analogue Scales: A Randomized Controlled Trial:Vol. 150, No. 10
- Joshua A. Clelanda,b,_, Maj. John D. Childsc, MeghannMcRaed, Jessica A. Palmera,ThomasStowellImmediate effects of thoracic manipulation in patients with neck pain: a randomized clinical trialManual Therapy 10 (2005) 127–135
- James W Youdas, James R Carey and Tom R Garrett Reliability of Measurements of Cervical Spine Range of motion Comparison of Three Methods:physther 1991; 71:98-104.
- Hugh Gemmell*, Paul J. DunfordA cross-sectional study of theprevalence of neckpain, decreased cervical range of motion and head repositioning accuracy in forwards andbacks in rugby unionaccepted 10 September 2007.
- Valma J Robertson and Kerry G Baker A Review of Therapeutic Ultrasound:Effectiveness studies:physther 2001; 81:1339-1350.
- Author: Robert E Windsor, MD, FAAPMR, FAAEM, FAAPM; Chief Editor: Thomas R Gest, PhD Cervical Spine Anatomy : Updated: Apr 9, 2013
- Erik E. Swartz*; R. T. Floyd†; Mike Cendoma Cervical Spine Functional Anatomy and the Biomechanics of Injury Due to Compressive Loading: 2005;40(3):155–161.
- Nikolai Bogduk, MD, PhD The anatomy and pathophysiology of neck pain Phys Med RehabilClin N Am 14 (2003) 455–472
- Rajesh Gautam, JagdeepKaurDhamija, AmitPuri, COMPARISON OF MAITLAND AND MULLIGAN MOBILIZATION IN IMPROVING NECK PAIN, ROM AND DISABILITY:Int J Physiother Res 2014, Vol 2(3):486
- KatsuyuKiMorishita, RPT, MS, hiroshiKarasuno, RPT, PhD, yuKayoKoi, RPT, MS1, , Kazunori MorozuMi, RPT, PhD), hisayoshiogihara, RPT, MS, toshiKazuito, RPT, PhD), MasaaKihanaoKa, DE), aKayuKi Fujiwara, RPT, MD, PhD, DE, tetsuyaFujiMoto, DE), Koji abe, DE) Effects of Therapeutic Ultrasound on Range of Motion and Stretch Pain:J. Phys. Ther. Sci. Vol. 26, No. 5, 2014pg.no.711.