Volume : 7, Issue : 6, JUN 2021
THE CARBON CYCLE IN THE COURSE OF STUDY RELATED TO THE BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE AT VARIOUS LEVEL
DR. ASHWANI KUMAR GUPTA
Chief available sources of carbon is the Carbon-dioxide of the atmosphere which is also dissolved in the water of all type resources fresh water as well as marine water, it is only the green plants that can make use of carbon dioxide in photosynthesis for producing food. The decomposers, i.e. bacteria and fungi etc. also help returning carbon-dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere and water in the soil by acting chemically upon the remains of dead animals and plants and their wastes, such as urine and faeces. The carbon / carbon dioxide cycle shows the interdependency among organisms, and natural environment. This is also essential knowledge for every body studying the biology at various levels.
CARBON CYCLE, SOURCES, SINKS, SEQUESTRATION, AND REGULATION.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 4
Number of Downloads : 32
- Asthana D.K., Asthana Meera, Environment Problems and Solutions. S. Chand & Company Ltd. New Delhi (1999).
- Begon Michel, Harpes John La, Townsend colin R. ECOLOGY Individuals, Populations and communities, Blackwell Science, USA (1995)
- Gupta, A. K., Study of Effectiveness of Local Resources con conservation of Phenomena of life and Programme of Biology Education. Ph. D. Thesis submitted to the H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar (Dist- Pauri) 1992.
- Kormondy Edward J. Concepts of Ecology, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi (2001).
- Kumar, H,D. Modern Concepts of Ecology, Vikas, Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (1995).
- Nigam, H.C. Biology of chordates. Vishal Publishing Company, Jallandhar (2001)
- Odum Eugene P. Grady W. Barrett. Fundamentals of Ecology, CENGAGE Learning, New Delhi (2011)
- Sharma P.D. Environmental Biology and Toxicology, Rastogi Publications. Meerut,(2013)
- Wood bury Angus M. Principles of General Ecology. McGRAW-HILL BOOK COMPANY Inc. New York (1953).
- en wikipedia.org/wiki/ carbon_cycle.
- Science ucar.edu/ Carbon_cycle
- bechapedia.org/ carbon _ source _ sinks _ and _ sequentration