Volume : 7, Issue : 2, FEB 2021
PROVISIONS AND CHALLENGES OF VISUALLY IMPAIRED STUDENTS IN INCLUSIVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL LEVEL: A TEACHING-LEARNING PERSPECTIVE
Education plays a major role in developing an individual's talents. Qualitative elementary education makes the base for future learning. Generally, visually impaired students are different from normal students. Here, the paper explores what the committee and commissions have suggested different provisions for improving teaching-learning standards for visually impaired students in India and the problems the visually impaired students face in inclusive schools' teaching-learning process. Visually impaired students face difficulties to receive knowledge because of the shortage of teaching-learning materials and Braille books, the scarcity of time, infrastructure, typewriter, recording devices, projector, talk device, and tactile maps, etc.
PROVISION AND CHALLENGES, VISUALLY IMPAIRED CHILDREN, INCLUSIVE, ELEMENTARY SCHOOL.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 7
Number of Downloads : 73
- Dash, N. (2009). Support Services for Children with Special Needs in the State of Sikkim [Doctoral dissertation]. https://www.academia.edu/38465698/Study_of_Support_Services_for_children_with_special_needs_in_the_State_of_Sikkim
- Department of Education Ministry of Human Resource Development. (1994). District Primary Education Programme (DPEP) 1994. National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration. https://18.104.22.168/bitstream/123456789/59/1/DPEP%20guidelines.pdf
- Garg, M. (2014). Visually Impaired Students In Inclusive Settings and In Segregation: A Study On Their Adjustment. Indian Streams Research Journal., 4(9), 1-7.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/271529647_VISUALLY_IMPAIRED_STUDENTS_IN_INCLUSIVE_SETTINGS_AND_IN_SEGREGATION_A_STUDY_ON_THEIR_ADJUSTMENT
- Government of India Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. (2006). National Policy for Persons with Disabilities (3-1/1993-DD.III).http://22.214.171.124/doc/IND93612.pdf
- Julka, A. (2016). Evaluation of The Implementation of The Scheme IEDSS in India Department of Education of Groups with Special Needs. studylib.net. https://studylib.net/afterupload?id=25375001&s=1e0e376f010159c6eaa7362a51b1c87b
- Kothari, C. R. (1966). Kothari Commission Report. Ministry of Education and Youth Services, Government of India.https://dise.in/Downloads/KothariCommissionVol.1pp.1-287.pdf
- MHRD. (2009). The Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009. Ministry of Himan Resource Develpoment, New Delhi.
- Ministry of Human Resource Development. (1992). Integrated Education of Disabled Children (IEDC, 1992). https://www.main.svayam.com/pdf/Scheme-of-Integrated-Education-for-the-Disabled-Children-1992.pdf
- Ministry of Law and Justice. (2016). The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (04/0007/2003—16). Government of India. https://www.ncpedp.org/sites/all/themes/marinelli/documents/Rights%20of%20Persons%20with%20Disabilities%20(RPWD)%20Act%202016.pdfhttps://adata.org/sites/adata.org/files/files/ADA_Overview_final2017.pdf
- National Policy on Education. (1968). https://www.education.gov.in/sites/upload_files/mhrd/files/upload_document/npe.pdf
- NCERT. (2006). Position Paper National Focus Group on Education of Children with Special Needs (PD 170T BB).https://126.96.36.199/bitstream/123456789/232/1/NCERT-national%20focus%20group-special_ed_final1.pdf
- Ministry of Law, Justice and Company Affaire. (1995). The persons with disabilities (Equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation) Act, 1995.http://niepmd.tn.nic.in/documents/PWD%20ACT.pdf
- OHCHR | Convention on the Rights of the child. (1989).https://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalinterest/pages/crc.aspx.
- Sahasrabudhe, S., & Palvia, P. (2013). Academic Challenges of Blind Students and Their Mitigation Strategies [Conference session]. Academic Challenges of Blind Students, Chicago.http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.669.3320&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Sunita, & Sharma. (1988). Mainstreaming the visually Handicapped. Indian Educational Reviews, 23 (4), 30-41. 276. Shodhganga: a reservoir of Indian theses @ INFLIBNET.https://shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/bitstream/10603/169899/6/06_chapter%201.pdf
- The right of every child to education is proclaimed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. (1948). https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/. https://www.ohchr.org/EN/UDHR/Documents/UDHR_Translations/eng.pdf
- United Nation. (1990). World declaration on education for all and framework for action to meet basic learning needs. UNESCO.https://www.humanium.org/en/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Education_for_all.pdf
- United Nation. (1994). Universal Declaration of Human Rights.https://www.ohchr.org/EN/UDHR/Documents/UDHR_Translations/eng.pdf
- U.S. Department of Education. (1973). The Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended.https://www2.ed.gov/policy/speced/leg/rehab/rehabilitation-act-of-1973-amended-by-wioa.pdf
- World Health organization. (2011). World Report on Disabilities. World Health Organization.https://www.who.int/disabilities/world_report/2011/chapter7.pdf?ua=1