Volume : 8, Issue : 6, JUN 2022
NATURAL RESOURCE ACCOUNTING: A FRAMEWORK AND ITS LINKAGE WITH ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
MS. MANISHA DUGGAL, MS. PRIYANKA KAMBOJ, MS. ANKITA SINGH
Natural resource accounting NRA is a well accepted terminology. Today the companies and business organizations also use the resources which are natural as inputs and manufacturing procedure they are supposed to protect the natural resources by adopting such a techniques and practices that do not pollute and even harm the environment in any way. Apart from this, to protect the environment is also a corporate social responsibly of every business organization. Environment provides a lot of resources which companies use as their raw material and in return of this business organizations also have to keep in mind that how to protect environment NRA is based on the concept “measurement of a resource leads to its better management”. This will help in framing and implementing various policies with regard to situations or circumstances that leads to environmental degradation directly or indirectly and guide us in a way to make use of our natural deposit in a better feasible way and it further leads to decreased harmful impact on natural habitat. Through this paper efforts are made to study the framework of natural resources accounting, types of natural resources, interrelationship in between the two factors that are environment and economy. This research paper too includes various laws which are implemented from time to time with regard to natural resource protection and preservation. It will cover various sustainable development Goals of natural resources accounting and NR A perspective.
NATURAL, RESOURCE, ACCOUNTING, SUSTAINABILITY, BUSINESS, ENVIRONMENT.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 3
Number of Downloads : 37
- Okafor T. (2012). Natural Resources Accounting and Sustainable Development: The Challenge to Economics and Accounting Profession.
- Nanjundaswamy A. (2021). An analysis of natural resources accounting framework in India.
- Gundimenda H. (2006). Natural resource accounting for Indian states — illustrating the case of forest resources.
- Harris, M., & Fraser, I. (2002). Natural resource accounting in theory and practice: A critical assessment. Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 46(2), 139-192.
- Prashar, K. Empirical Study of Coronavirus and Its Impact on Economy.
- Lobo, A. G. (2001). Sustainable development and natural resource accounting in a small open economy: a methodological clarification. Estudios de Economía, 28(2), 203-216.
- Malik, R. P. S. (1994). Public policy and sustainable agricultural development-a natural resource accounting approach. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 49(902-2018-3320), 569-578.
- Herath, G. (2005). Sustainable development and environmental accounting: the challenge to the economics and accounting profession. International Journal of Social Economics.
- Common, M. (1991). Natural resource accounting and sustainability. The Economic and Labour Relations Review, 2(1), 89-121.