Volume : 5, Issue : 11, NOV 2019
LEADERSHIP ATTITUDES OF THE FEMALE VOLLEYBALL PLAYERS IN THEIR CAREER AND SPORTS GROWTH
DR. B. ASHOK KUMAR
The purpose of the study was to assess and investigate the preferred leadership behaviour of Indian female volleyball players. For this purpose, Two hundred and thirty four (Females= 234)) National level Volleyball players representing their respective state teams in Senior National Volleyball Competition (W) and who volunteered to participate in this study, were selected to serve as subjects for this study Leadership Scale for Sports developed by P. Chelladurai (1994) was selected as a criterion tool to measure preferences on five dimensions of preferred leadership behaviour of national level male and female volleyball players. To assess the preferred leader behaviour of National level female Volleyball players, means, standard deviations and Analysis of variance (ANOVA) was computed were computed. Wherever, the Fratio was found significant. The statistical analysis of collected data revealed that the national level female volleyball players exhibited different preferences on five dimensions of leader behaviour. National level female volleyball players preferred in greater amount of training and instruction followed by positive feedback, social support, democratic behaviour and autocratic behaviour from their coaches.
PREFERENCES, NATIONAL LEVEL, GYMNASTS, LEADERSHIP, BEHAVIOUR, FEMALES.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 9
Number of Downloads : 234
- Chelladurai. P. (1994) Manual of Leadership Scale for Sports , U.S.A: Ohio State University,
- Clarke, Harrison H. and Clarke, David H. (1972), "Advance Statistics: Supplementary Research Processes in Physical Education, Recreation and Heath (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall INC.,), pp. 20-25.
- Clarke Harrison H. and Clarke, David H. (1970) "Research Processes in Physical Education, Recreation and Health (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey Prentice Hall INC.,), pp. 205-207.
- Morgan, W.P. (1986) Sports Personology. The Credules - Skeptical Argument in Perspective in Sports Psychology. An Analysis of Athletic Behaviour. (Ed. W. Straub Movement Pub. In this N.Y. Cited by Stan power. Psychological Assessment Procedures at a Track & Reid National Event Squad Training Weekend' Sports science Education by J. Watkins. Thomas Reilly and Les Burtwiz (London: E & FN Spon, 1986): 181.
- Rothstein, Anne L. (1985) Research Design and Statistics for Physical Education (Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey Prentice Hall INC,), pp. 111-113.
- Simon E. 'Scope and Function of Research in Sports and Physical Education' Flip Bulletin 34 (1964): 98.
- Singer, R.N., Murphy M. and Tennat, L. Keith (1993) Hand Book of Research on Sport Psychology (New York: McMillan Publishing Co), PP 647 - 648.
- Vanek, Miraslav and Cratty. Bryant J. (1980) Psychology and Superior Athlete (London: Macmillan Co. Ltd.), P. 139.
- Williams, Jean M. (1993) Applied sport psychology: Personal Growth to peak performance (California: Mayfield Publishing Company), pp. 82-83.