Volume : 8, Issue : 5, MAY 2022
EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA AND YOUNG PEOPLE’S FOR MENTAL HEALTH
DR. KUMAR B. DASAR
Evidence suggests that social media can impact detrimentally on children and young people’s mental health. At the same time, social media use can be beneficial and have positive effects. This article outlines the detrimental and positive effects of social media use for young people. Schools play a critical role in educating young people about how to use social media safely and responsibly. However, schools cannot address all the issues and parents, social media and advertising companies also have a responsibility to protect children and young people from harm. This article outlines some of the potential solutions to the issues that are identified.
SOCIAL MEDIA, MENTAL HEALTH, TECHNOLOGY, CHILDREN, YOUNG PEOPLE.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 73
- Glazzard J, Mitchell C. Social Media and Mental Health in Schools. St Albans: Critical Publishing; 2018.
- Glazzard J, Stones S. Technoference. Leeds Beckett University; 2019. Available from: https://www.
- National Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). Available from: https://learning.nspcc. org.uk/research-resources/how-safe-a re-our-children/.
- National Society for the Protection of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). Available from: https://www.nspcc.org.
- Lenhart A. Article 4: Social Media and Friendships. 2015.