Volume : 8, Issue : 11, NOV 2022
DIVERSITY OF FRESHWATER FISHES IN CHANDORA DAM AT TAPTI RIVER, DISTRICT BETUL (M.P)
DIPTI KODLE, DR. BILQUEES J. KHAN
The present study was conducted to assess the fish biodiversity in a stretch of Tapti River in Madhya Pradesh as this water is used for industry, fishery and local area people. For this purpose A study on The fish diversity of the Tapti River during the rainy season was done samples were taken from June 2022 to September 2022.Cast nets were used for fish sampling, and sampling was done during 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The results of the present investigation revealed the occurrence of 13 fish species belonging to 5 orders, 5 families and 11 genuses.
TAPTI RIVER, BETUL DISTRICT, DIVERCITY, FRESHWATER FISH
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 7
Number of Downloads : 155
- Ayyappan S, Sarang N, Sinhababu et al(2004). Rice-fish farming: An economic enterprise for lowland farmers. Proceedings National Symposium on Recent Advances in Rice Based Farming Systems, 2004, 190-201.
- Dugan P, Delaporte A, Andrew N et al(2010). Blue Harvest. Inland Fisheries as an Ecosystem Service. World Fish Centre, Penang, Malaysia, 2010
- Sarkar UK, Pathak AK, Lakra WS(2008). Conservation of International Journal of Zoology Studies 75 freshwater fish resources of India: new approaches, assessment and challenges. Biodivers Conserv, 2008; 17:2495-2511.
- Strayer DL, Dudgeon D(2010). Freshwater biodiversity conservation: recent progress and future challenges. Journal of the North American Benthological Society, 2010; 29:344-358.
- Dubey GP, Varma MN. Vikram University Res. Bull 1965;8(4):01-08.
- Hora SL, Nair KK. Fishes of Satpura Range, Hoshangabad District, Central Province. Rec. Indian Mus 1941;43:361-373
- Karamchandani SJ, Desai VR, Pisolkar MD, Bhatnagar GK. Biological Investigations on the Fish and Fisheries of Narmada River (1958–1966), Vadodara: ICAR-CIFRI, Bulletin 1967, 40.
- Shivani Pathak and Naresh Lavudya Diversity of freshwater fish in Narmada River, Madhya Pradesh .2021; 9(2): 704-709
- Dr. AD Shelke Freshwater fish fauna of Girna River, Dist. Jalgaon, Maharashtra, India Volume 3; Issue 1; January 2018; Page No. 68-75