Volume : 2, Issue : 4, APR 2016
DISCRIMINANT ANALYSIS OF DIABETES PATIENTS DATA
Prof. dr. Hana M. Al-Aukyli, Nabaa Mohammed Al-shamary
This paper consisted of an application of Discriminant Analysis (DA) which is a multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA) where the independent variables are the predictors and the dependent variable are the groups. DA is useful for situations like diabetes patients data to determine and predict that the patient like to have diabetes type 1 or type 2. A sample of (42) patients were chosen from Al-Sader hospital in Najaf city in Iraq with (17)personal characteristics of the patients which are representing the independent variables or predictor variables were used as liner combinations to provide the best discrimination between the groups. SPSS package were used to achieve the calculation of the Analysis in four steps .The most important results is the use of simple Discriminant method on diabetes data to classify the patients into two groups type1 and type2.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 22
Number of Downloads : 608
1. American Diabetes Association (ADA): Type-2 diabetes in children and adolescents,
Diabetes Care, 2008, p 381-389.
2. Anderson, T.W. "An Introduction to Multivariate Statistical Analysis ( 3rd ed. ). New
York: John Wiley, 2003.
3. Atkinson MA. And Eisenbarth GS, Type 1 diabetes, new prospective on disease
pathogenesis and treatment, lancent,2001. P 358.
4. Box, G.E. P., "Problems in the Analysis of Growth and Wear Curves" Biometrics,
5. Box, G. E. P.," A General Distribution Theory for a Class of Likelihood Criteria."
Biometrika, 36 (1949), 317-346
6. Fisher,R.A."The Statistical Utilization of Multiple Measurements." Annals of
7. Richard A. Johnson and Dean W. Wichern"Applied Multivariate Statistical Analysis"
Discrimination and Classifiction,11( 2007 ),575-670.
8. Rencher Alvin C. ,"Method of Multivariate Analysis. "John Wiley &Sons(2002),117-