Volume : 2, Issue : 4, APR 2016
DIFFERENCES IN FUTURE'S ANXIETY BETWEEN COURSES STUDENTS AND ANNUAL SYSTEM'S STUDENTS AT THE SECONDARY LEVEL IN JEDDAH
The main objective of this research was to investigate the differences in future anxiety among male and female secondary school students from two schooling systems in Jeddah province. The first schooling system was the typical one whereas the same course was divided and taught in two semesters (The Annual one). The second schooling system (the newly developed one), is similar to university system where students study different courses in each semester (The Courses’ System). The study subjects consisted of (100) male twelfth grade students and (100) female twelfth grade students. The researcher implemented The Future Anxiety Test prepared by Shogair ( 2005) which was standardized on Saudi population.The study results did not reveal any statistically significant differences in future anxiety among the study group subjects could be related to the schooling system. However there were statistically significant differences in future anxiety between male twelfth graders and female twelfth graders in the first schooling system(the annual one). There were some recommendations provided in the study related to the study findings.
Future Anxiety, System ’ Courses, Annual System.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 36
Number of Downloads : 565
1. the Koran son perspective, Jamal al-Din (2003): San Arabs, Beirut, Dar scientific
2. Aksaray, Joseph (2002): How to get rid of the fear and anxiety of the future, Cairo, Dar
of the publication and distribution.
3. Bahauddin, Hussain (1997): Education and the future, Cairo, Dar knowledge.
4. Beck, Aaron (2000): Cognitive therapy and emotional disorders, translated by Adel
Mustafa, Cairo, Dar Al Arab.
5. Janabi, Rana Fadhil and Sabih, Zahra (2004 m): concern at the future of Iraqi women in
the new Iraq, a study presented at the Thirteenth Annual Scientific Conference of the
Center for Psychological Research, Baghdad.
6. Jane Robt, Handley and Yulin, Neff (1998): How to get rid of anxiety, translation SZ
Mahfouz, Cairo, the Egyptian General Book Authority.
7. Alharbi, and Algasim, (2013 m): Concern future and its relationship with selfassurance,
specialization and academic achievement among high school students in the
city of Medina, Journal of the College of Education at the University of Al-Azhar for
the year (2013), No. 152, pp. 677-713.
8. Husseini, Atif (2011 m): Concern future therapy sense, Cairo, Dar Arab Thought.
9. Davidoff, Linda (1993): the entrance of psychology, translation Ataiwab Sayed and
Mahmoud Omar and Najib Khuzam, , Cairo, Casablanca International Publishing and
10. Aldahri, Saleh (2005): Principles of Mental Health, Oman, Dar Wael for publication.
11. Daanz, Robin (2006): Anxiety Management, Dar al-Faruq, translation Cairo, Dar al-
12. Zahran, Hamid Abdul Salam (2001 m): Mental Health and Psychotherapy, Third Edition,
Cairo, the world of books.
13. Sabawi, a virtue (2007 m): Concern future and its relationship to sex and area of study
among students of the Faculty of Education, Faculty of Education, a magazine for the
year (2008), Vol. 15, No. 2, pp S250-277.
14. Sarhan, Walid al-Tikriti, and Adnan al-Habashneh, Mohammed (2004 m): Anxiety,
Oman, Dar Majdalawi for publication.
15. Shakir, Zainab Mahmood (2005): A measure of concern the future, Cairo, Egyptian
16. Tahan, Mohammed (1996): Principles of Mental Health, 4th Floor, Dubai, Dar pen for
publication and distribution.
17. Osman, Mr. Farouk (2001 m): Anxiety and management of psychological pressure,
Cairo, Dar Arab Thought.
18. Anani, Hanan (2000 m): the mental health of the child, the second edition, Oman, Dar
thought for printing, publishing and distribution.
19. Faraj, Mohammed Anwar Ibrahim (2006 m): Concern future and its relationship with
some variables in a sample of students of the Faculty of Education, University of Alexandria,
unpublished Master Thesis, Faculty of Education, University of Alexandria.
20. Qurashi, Mohammed Abed (2011 m): the motivation to accomplish and its relationship
to the future with concern among a sample of students from Umm Al Qura University,
Master Thesis unpublished, Umm Al Qura University.
21. Kennedy, John (2002): Anxiety causes and treatment, translation: Ibrahim al-Shibli,
Oman, House of Hope for publication and distribution.
22. Mahameed, Shaker and Ambassasefh, Mohammed (2007 m): Concern career at the Jordanian
university students and its relationship with some variables, Journal of Educational
and Psychological Sciences vol.) 8), No. 3, pp. 127-142.
23. Mendwah, Mahmoud (2006 m): Concern future and its relationship to some academic
compatibility aspects have university students, the Egyptian Association for Psychological
Studies number (16), pp. 477-502.
24. The Ministry of Education (1434 E): System courses guide, Riyadh, and the Ministry of
25. The Ministry of Education (1435 E): quarterly system directory, Riyadh, and the Ministry
26. Mellnaby, H. (2011). future Anxiety and final Degree Performance at University of
oxford. International journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning. Vol 61
(4), PP 357-370.
27. Seginer, R. (2000): Defensive Pessimism and Optimism Correlates of Adolescent
Future Orientation. Journal of Adolescent Research, Vol. 15, No.3, pp. 307-326.