Volume : 5, Issue : 3, MAR 2019
A STUDY ON USER SATISFACTION OF INFORMATION SERVICES IN PDA ENGINEERING COLLEGE LIBRARY KALABURAGI.
This study describes the user satisfaction of PDA engineering college library Kalaburagi. In this study most of the respondents satisfied with the services. This paper reports the results of a survey of 178 patrons of an engineering library which demonstrate that the construct is potentially useful for evaluating the performances of services within a library, since the construct is affected by the demographic characteristics of the users; The authors also have tried to found the reason of not satisfaction of the users. On the basis of finding, some suggestion have been put forth for maximizing satisfaction of engineering colleges students in libraries.
USER SATISFACTION, LIBRARY SERVICES, PDA ENGINEERING COLLEGE LIBRARY.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 15
Number of Downloads : 160
- Abbot, C. (1994). Performance Measurement in Library and Information Services. London: ASLIB, p. 16.
- George D'Elia and Sandra Walsh, (1983). User Satisfaction with Library Service: A Measure of Public Library Performance?The Library Quarterly, 53(2),pp.109-133, The University of Chicago Press.
- Kumar, Rupesh and Kulsharetha, S. B. (2013). User Satisfaction in Engineering College Libraries: a Case Study of Krishna Engineering College, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. International Journal of Librarianship and Administration, Vol 4, No. 1.
- Pollington, C. E., ed. (1976). European Organization of Quality Control: Glossary of Terms used in Quality Control. 4th ed.Bern: European Organization for Quality Control, XII, 670 S.
- Saini, P. K., and Rajkumar Bhaskar, (2014). User Satisfaction of the Students of Engineering College: a Case Study of Engineering College Libraries of Jaipur, Rajasthan. International journal of Emerging Research in Management of Technology., Vol, No. 3.
- Tann, J. (1993). Dimensions of quality in library settings. In: Ashcroft, M. and D. Barton (eds.) Quality Management: Towards BS 5750, Proceedings of a seminar held in Stamford, Lincs on 21 April 1993, Stamford Lincs: Capital Planning Information, pp. 23– 31.