Volume : 4, Issue : 2, FEB 2018
A STUDY ON ACHIEVEMENT IN BOTANY AND ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE OF HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS
A. KALAVATHI, P.KARNAN
This study examined the relationship between achievement in botany and environmental knowledge of higher secondary school students in thiruvallur district. This study adopted normative survey of research. Participant were 300 higher secondary school students randomly selected from various higher secondary schools in Thiruvallur district. The research instrument used for data collection was Environmental Knowledge Questionnaire constructed and standardized by investigator tested at 0.05 and 0.01 level of significance. The findings indicated that there is significant relationship between Achievement in Botany and Environmental Knowledge Of Higher Secondary School Students. There is no significant impact with respect to gender, locality, type of management, parental education, community of higher secondary school students.
Environment, Achievement, Sampling, Hypotheses, Knowledge, Normative.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 17
Number of Downloads : 446
1. AbuQamar, Synan; Alshannag, Qasim; Sartawi, Abdelaziz; Iratni, Rabah (2015) Educational
Awareness of Biotechnology Issues among Undergraduate Students at the United Arab Emirates
University. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education, v43 n4 p283-293 Jul-Aug 2015.
2. Antony. A and Michacl.N (1976), (Ed.) “Theory and the practice of Education ((Volume II) Academic
Disciplines, Educational Policy and the Education of Teachers”. New Delhi, Heinemann Educational
3. Asthana. D.K & Meera Asthana (2005), “Environment Problems & Solutions (2nd ed.), New
Delhi, S.Chand & Company Ltd.
4. Bartosh, Oksana; Tudor, Margaret; Ferguson, Lynne; Taylor, Catherine (2009) Impact of
Environment-Based Teaching on Student Achievement: A Study of Washington State Middle Schools. Middle Grades Research Journal, v4 n4 p1-16 2009.
5. Bonser, Stephen P.; de Permentier, Patrick; Green, Jacinta; Velan, Gary M.; Adam, Paul; Kumar, Rakesh K. (2013) Engaging Students by Emphasising Botanical Concepts over Techniques: Innovative Practical Exercises Using Virtual Microscopy. Journal of Biological Education, v47 n2 p123-127 2013.
6. Desh Prabhu Suchitra (2000), (Ed.) Sociological Research – Approaches, Techniques and Applications”, New Delhi, Kanishka Publishers, Distributors.
7. Engelhart D. Max, (1972) “Methods of Educational research”, Chicago, Rand M.C. Nally and Company.
8. Erdogan, Mehmet (2015)The Effect of Summer Environmental Education Program (SEEP) on Elementary School Students' Environmental Literacy. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, v10 n2 p165-181 2015.
9. Gupta. L.B, (1973), “An Introduction to Statistical Methods, (7th ed), Delhi, Vikas Publishing house Pvt. Ltd.
10. Harry A. Greene (1951), “Measurement and Evaluation in the Secondary School” New York,
Longmans, Green and Co.
11. James Popham. W. (1981), “Modern Educational Measurement” New Jersey, Prentine – Hall, Inc.,
12. Malandrakis, Georgios; Chatzakis, Stergios (2014) Environmental Attitudes, Knowledge, and Alternative Conceptions of Primary School Children in Greece.
Applied Environmental Education and Communication, v13 n1 p15-27 2014.
13. Mouly. J. Geroge (1964) “The Science of Educational Research” New Delhi, Eurasia Publishing house Pvt. Ltd.
14. Olufemi, Adejoke Christianah; Mji, Andile; Mukhola, Murembiwa S. (2016) Assessment of Secondary School Students' Awareness, Knowledge and Attitudes to Environmental Pollution Issues in the Mining Regions of South Africa: Implications for Instruction and Learning. Environmental Education Research, v22 n1 p43-61 2016.
15. Prohit. P.N. (2003) “Methodology of Educational Research – Tools and Techniques”, Jaipur, Mangal Deep Publications.
16. Saltan, Fatih; Divarci, Omer Faruk (2017) Using Blogs to Improve Elementary School Students' Environmental Literacy in Science Class. European Journal of Educational Research, v6 n3 p347-355 2017.
17. Shamuganathan, Sheila; Karpudewan, Mageswary (2015) Modeling Environmental Literacy of Malaysian Pre-University Students. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, v10 n5 p757-771 2015.
18. Smith M.Fred, (1972), “Educational Measurement for the classroom teacher”, (2nd ed.), New York,
Harper Row, Publishers.
19. Uyanik, Gökhan (2016) Effect of Environmental Education Based on Transformational Learning
Theory on Perceptions towards Environmental Problems and Permanency of Learning. International
Electronic Journal of Environmental Education, v6 n2 p126-140 2016.