Volume : 7, Issue : 3, MAR 2021
A STUDY IMPACT OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT AMONG THE B.ED COLLEGE STUDENTS
DR. SMT RASHMI I. KADLIMATTI
In the present study, the researcher intended to examine and explore the impact of Socio-economic Status on Academic Achievement of B.Ed college students. The investigator used descriptive survey research method for the present study and selected 170 B.Ed college students as a sample population from four B.Ed colleges by using Simple Random Sampling Technique. Socio-economic Status Scale (SESS) developed by Kalia and Sahu (2012) was used for data collection regarding student’s Socio-economic Status and previous annual marks of the students considered as Academic Achievement of the students were collected from office record book. The researcher analyzed the data by applying Pearson’s Correlation Coefficient and t-test as statistical techniques with the help of IBM SPSS 20.0. The findings of the study showed that there is positive correlation exist between Socio-economic Status and Academic Achievement of B.Ed college students , it also highlight that significance difference is present among different SES group in their Academic Achievement. It further revealed that there is no significant difference between male and female students in their Academic Achievement.
IMPACT, ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT, SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS, B.ED COLLEGES.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 4
Number of Downloads : 60
- Ali, Shoukat et al. 2013. Factors Contributing to the Student’s Academic Performance: A Case Study of Islamia University Sub-Campus. American Journal of Educational Research, 1(8): 283-289.
- Akhtar, Zarina 2012. Socio-economic Status Factors Effecting the Students Achievement: A Predictive Study. International Journal of Social Science and Education, 2(1): 281-287.
- Faaz, M. and Khan, Z.N. 2017. A Study of Academic Achievement of Upper Primary School students in Relation to their Socio-economic Status. Asian Journals of Research in Social Science and Humanities, 7(6): 121-127.
- Gupta, R.P. and Katoch, K. 2013. A Study of Socio-economic Status and the Academic Achievement of Xth Grade Students. International Journal of Behavioral Social and Movement Sciences, 2(4): 9-21.
- Kalia, A.K. and Sahu, S. 2012. Manual for Socio-economic Status Scale (Urban & Rural). National Psychological Corporation, Agra, U.P, India.
- Khan, Z.N. 2005. Scholastic Achievement of Higher Secondary Students in Science Stream. Journal of Social Sciences USA, 1(3): 63 – 68.
- Parson, R.D. et al. 2001. Educational Psychology: A Practitioner- Researcher Model of Teaching. Singapore: Thomson Learning Inc.
- Pedrosa, et al. 2006. Educational and Social Economic Background of Graduates and Academic Performance: Consequences for Affirmative Action Programs at a Brazilian Research University. Retrieved on September 11, 2017.