Volume : 7, Issue : 2, FEB 2021
A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ENVIORMENTAL AWARNESS AMONG SCIENCE AND ARTS STUDENTS OF +2 CLASS
DR. HARMEET KAUR
The environment, which sustains life, is in peril at present. Human actions are responsible for this rapid industrialization; further advancement in science and technology and the abuse of this advancement in an arbitrary way and the fast growth of urbanization have posed danger to man himself.
Generally, people are indifferent to their environment. Newton’s 3rd law states – “Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.” This equally applies to man’s relationship with nature as it relates to application of force on inanimate objects. While man sought domination over nature in five thousand years realize that his welfare and his very existence are deeply intertwined with the natural cycles and systems. Thus there is a need to create environmental awareness among human beings.
As the problem is one, of the people, for the people and by the people, a proper understanding and support of the people will go a long way in carrying out anti-pollution measures.
As the future of our country depends upon our young pupils, at school level, thus they must develop a proper sense of environment’s problem and environmental awareness, only then they can help the society in maintaining the atmosphere clean and clear. The investigator by this study will try to know the extent or degree of environmental awareness among urban and rural students of grade XII. Generally it is thought that science students are more aware about environmental problems than that of arts students. The investigator wants to know the real position. After this study, she will be in the position to find out the difference, if any, between these two sets of students.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 6
Number of Downloads : 61
- Abraham, M. & Arjunan, N.K.(2005). Environmental Interest of Secondary School Students in Relation to Their Environment. Perspective in Education, Vol.21, No. 02.
- Ali & Sinha (2012). A Study of Environmental Awareness and Ecological Behavior among Female B.Ed. Students. Educational Perspectives, Vol.02, No.1.
- Amritpal Kaur(2006). Environmental Awareness Among Rural and Urban Secondary Students of Ropar District. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Arshdip Kaur (2006). Environmental Awareness and Attitude Towards Environment among Students of Senior Secondary Schools of Chandigarh. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Bala,R.(2016). A Study of Environment Awareness in relation to Attitude towards Environment among Secondary School Students. Indian Journal of Research,Vol.5, No.2.
- Baljit Kaur(2008). Environment Education Awareness of Senior Secondary School Students. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Bajwa, H.S. & Lata, S.(2010). Environmental Awareness and Attitude towards Environment Among Students of High schools of Chandigarh. Research Tandem, Vol.01, No. 01.
- Choudhary, K. (2009). Environment Education at Secondary Level. Miracle of Teaching, Vol.09, No. 03.
- Dhar, Shikha (2007). Environmental Awareness Among College Level Students. Journal of Educational Studies, Vol.05, No. 01.
- Francis, S. (2002). Attitude of Students and Trained Teachers towards Environmental Hazards in Education. Indian Education Abstracts, Vol. 03, No. 02.
- Gupta, V. (2000). Environmental Awareness of Urban and Rural Secondary School Students. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Dept. of Education, H.P., University, Shimla.
- Gurjinder Kaur(2004). A Study of Attitude towards Environmental Pollution of B.Ed. students in Relation to Faculty Gender and Area. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Harpreet Kaur and Amardeep Kaur (2008). A Comparative Study of Environmental Awareness among Science and Non-Science Students of +2 Class. Education New Horizons, Vol. 05, No. 21.
- Harpreet Kaur (2003). A Comparative Study of Environmental Awareness among 10th class Students Studying in Government and Private Schools of Sangrur District. Education New Horizons, Vol. 02, No. 02.
- Harum, R., Hock, L.K. and Othman, F. (2011). Environmental Knowledge and Attitude among Students in Sabah. World Applied Sciences Journal, Vol. 01, No. 14.
- Jaswal, S. (2005). A Study of Environmental Awareness among Students of Elementary Level in Una. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Kumari, T.S. (2002). Environmental Concern and Sustainable Development: The Role of NGOs. Indian Educational Abstracts, Vol. 02, No. 01.
- Nagra, V. (2005). Environmental Education. Sharma Publication, Jalandhar.
- Rai, D. K. (2002). Role of Education and Cultural Practices in Creating Environmental Awareness. Indian Educational Abstracts, Vol. 02, No. 02.
- Rajinder Kaur and Manpreet Kaur (2009). Environmental Awareness of Secondary and Senior Secondary Students. Journal of All India Association for Educational Research, Vol. 21, No. 01.
- Sahaya, M.R. and Paul, R.I. (2005). Environmental Awareness among High School Students. Edutracks, Vol.05, No. 04.
- Shallu (2001). A Comparative Study of Environmental Awareness Among 9th Class Students in Government and Private Schools of Ferozpur District. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Sharma, J.(2004). Environmental Awareness of High School Boys and Girls in Different types of Schools. Education New Horizon, Vol.04, No. 01.
- Sharma, R.C.(1999). Attitude of High School Students towards Environmental Education. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Dept. of Education, H.P. University, Shimla.
- Singh, S.(2007). A Study of Awareness and Attitude of Secondary Class Students towards Environmental Education. Journal of Educational Studies, Vol.05, No.01.
- Veerpal Kaur (2006). Study of Attitude of secondary School Students towards Environmental Pollution. Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjab University, Chandigarh.