Volume : 9, Issue : 9, SEP 2023
AWARENESS OF NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY (2020) AMONG B.ED. STUDENTS: THE ALCHEMY OF NATION
ANAM ZEHRA, TOUSEEF MALIK
Education plays a decisive role in building the nation and predicates the future of the society as well as the destiny of its people. After 34 years, the National Education Policy was announced in 2020 based on the recommendations of the committee headed by Dr. Kasturirangan, Former chairman of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) that aims to provide quality education from pre-primary to higher levels which is a pre-requisite for individual, economic social & national development. The present study is undertaken to study the awareness of B.Ed. students on NE P 2 0 2 0 in Lucknow District. The major objective of the study is to find out the difference between awareness of (i) male and female (ii) U.G with B.Ed. & P.G. with B.Ed. students towards the NEP 2020. A sample of 320 teacher trainees was taken from 8 B.Ed. Colleges affiliated to the University of Lucknow in Lucknow District. The data were collected by self-made questionnaire. Variables studies are gender & academic qualification. The data were analyzed by using a percentage analysis & t-test. Results revealed that the level of awareness among B.Ed. students towards NEP 2020 are below average, majority of the students don’t possess in-depth knowledge and awareness of key reforms.
AWARENESS, NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY (2020), B.ED. STUDENTS.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 7
Number of Downloads : 31
1. Best J.W., Kahn J.W., (2006), Research in Education. (9th Edition) Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mangal. S.K. (2012), Statistics in Psychology and Education (2nd edition), PHI Learning Private Limited.
3. Aithal, P.S. & Aithal, S. (2020), Analysis of the Indian National Education Policy 2020 Towards Achieving its Objectives, International Journal of Management, Technology, and Social Sciences (IJMTS), 5 (2), 19-41. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5281/ zenodo.3988767
4. Devi, L., & Cheluvaraju, (2020), A Study on Awareness about the Impact of National Education Policy 2020 among the Stakeholder of Commerce and Management Disciplinary, European Journal of Business and Management Research, 5(6), https://doi.org/10.24018/ejbmr.2020.5.6.640
5. Kalyani P. (2020) An Empirical Study on NEP 2020 with Special Reference to the Future of Indian Education System and Its Effects on the Stakeholders, Journal of Management Engineering and Information Technology (JMEIT), 7 (5), DOI:10.5281/zenodo.4159546
6. Maruthavanan, M. (2020), A Study on the Awareness on New Education Policy (2019) among the Secondary School Teachers in Madurai District, Shanlax International Journal of Education, 8, 67–71. DOI: https://doi.org/10.34293/education.v8i 3.2438
7. Ramasamy, S. & Thangaiah, N. (2020), Awareness of Teachers and College Students on National Education Policy 2020, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3718304
8. Govt. of India (2020). National Education Policy 2020, Mhrd.gov.in, https://www.mhrd.gov.in/sites/ upload_files/mhrd/files/NEP_Final_Engli sh_0.pdfv
9. Krishna, A. (2020 July 29). "NEP 2020 Highlights: School And Higher Education". NDTV, https://www.ndtv.com/education/nep-2020-highlights-school-and-higher- Education
10. Shukla, S. (2019,June,28)“Top 49 Recommendations of National Education Policy 2019.” Devdiscourse Discourse on Development, Devdiscourse, https://www.devdiscourse.com/articl e/ education/571084-top-49-recommendationsof- national-education-policy