Volume : 2, Issue : 3, MAR 2016
ANALYZING THE PROPERTIES OF BAMBOO/POLYESTER BLENDED WOVEN FABRIC WITH FRAGRANCE FINISH
Mrs. P. Sasikala, Dr. K. Thangamani
The main aim of this research is to know about the resemblances and differences between the 30s and 40s count of bamboo/polyester blended woven fabrics. This research is done by blending the two selected fibers, Bamboo and polyester, then the blended yarn are weaved, wet processing and finished with Fragrance finish. And they are compared for various properties the finished fabrics, before and after laundering. On comparison it was clear that the 40s count fabrics showed certain, better geometrical, physical and mechanical properties. Bamboo fabrics are now a day's filling the vacancy in the textile material development in our textile production nation and these will inevitably stimulate the new fabric development through blending and finishing, among the cotton, wool and silk and bring the textile corporations a new opportunity.
Bamboo, Polyester, Fragrance finish.
Article : Download PDF
Cite This Article
Article No : 4
Number of Downloads : 434
- Booth, J.E., (2002), “Principles of Textile Testing”, C.B.S. Publishers, Delhi.Bus Rev;4:100. P7.
- Moe Thwe K.L., (2003), “Environmental effects on bamboo–glass/polypropylenehybrid composites”,Jouranl, Mater Sci;8:363, P76.
- Okubo k and Ohkita., (2004), “Development of bamboo-based polymer composites and their mechanical properties”, Compos: Part A: ApplSciManuf; 35:377, P83.
- Shanmugasundram O.L., (2009), “Innovation in Textile Fibers”, Asian Textile Journal, January, Pp 33-38.
- Siva R., (2007), “Status of Natural Dyes and Dye Yielding Plants in India”. Curr.sci, P 92.
- Sheshachala D, Sandeep D.N., (2008), “Man Made Text” India.P51.